Wedding Photographer

|

I can't say I don't like the process that a wedding photographer has to go through, it is hard work to photograph a wedding, lots of pressure and responsibility. Wedding photography can be fun though. But I will say I love the pre wedding and engagement photos. The wedding day with all its hustle and bustle is nerve racking for the wedding party and intense for the photographer. The calm before the storm, before the wedding day. These are the last pictures the couple will have before the vows are exchanged, ring finger taken, and a new last name.
I can trust my assistant to worry about the portraits and formal photography save the candid and intimate, the fun stuff, for me.


I will be the photographer for a wedding in November. I am working on the pre wedding photo ideas, decided to do it at Camp Verde. Talked about it with the couple, explained the session I had in mind and details, so we shoot next week.

I started working on the lights. I will be using portable strobes with a battery pack. I was able to take about 500 shots before the battery showed signs of slowing down. I was impressed.

I am posting some of the test shots, thought it might be interesting to see my work in progress. I started inside for the basic lighting style and moved outside for location and lighting positions.


Bennett loves to run around in his chonies, hence the cropping.

Posing with his pappa, Bennett was running around before bed. Notice the remote on my right hand.

Notice the remote on my right hand.

This is how bad lighting affects facial features. Notice the shadow that goes from my chin to my neck.

I bit better, the shadow on my right side is helping create a jaw line and highlighting my cheek bone.

Out of all the pictures, one is always a keeper.

Lighting the face has to be perfect, shadows in the right places and even tones all around. The outside pictures are the settings and composition, the groom will be sitting in the back ground with the bride on a large ottoman in front. Her dress will rest besides and in front of her.
We will be out in the woods and that will be the hardest light to control.
I'll post samples once I have em, till then cheers and happy Halloween.

0 comments: