PHOENIX

|

So here I am again after a few days of a dry spell with no ambition to create. I will share a story that kind of relates and will place perspective of the situation.

When I lived in SoCal, my friend Kevin Dumas and I would be at the beach at least twice a week. We were addicted to the power and beauty of the Ocean and Earth. The waves were an exhilarating rush of adrenalin.
We loved it, but the locals knew something we did not. Kevin and I would sit on our boards and notice there were periods with no wave in site. As calm as a lake.

Like the Earth and it cycles of life and movement, creativity that drives an artist with adrenalin and exitment also comes in cycles, as any seasoned artist. We learn to cope with it.

These two images are from downtown PHX. I have learned a bit of history that has me mesmerized. The past and it new direction is exiting. I feel the need to document this transformation. Though I may be late to the show, we will look forward to what we have now.
The San Carlos hotel has this Hollywood feel to it. It is on Monroe st. beautiful.

0 comments: